January 31, 2010

Latest Installment

God to said to Abraham: "I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing." (Genesis 12: 2, JPS)

In an email from my father this morning, I learn that God has delivered his most recent installment in the fulfillment of this promise, a baby boy to my brother and sister-in-law.

May the Holy One of Israel furnish him every good gift and help him to grow strong in wisdom and grace.

Because I am the brother of the child's father, I am an uncle but not an avunculus. Hence I am under no obligation to be avuncular.

4 comments:

pennyante said...

Congratulations on your "unclehood"!! May God bless the baby boy and his parents!

Tina aka Snupnjake said...

Congrats!

for narnia said...

congatulations, Fr. C, on being an uncle! it will be fun being an uncle! kids are so much fun and very warm and welcoming and they just love so unconditionally-you'll see. my youngest nephew, Eric, is already 4 years old and is still like this. they much prefer your time and attention than any material objects. and everytime you visit, they are so excited to see you. the way a child loves is kind of like God's love for us-God welcomes us and loves us so unconditionally and He definitey wants us to spend time with Him and be attentive to Him. and, anytime we visit God, whether in Adoration, contemplation, meditation or any kind of prayer time, it is time well spent and i'm sure God is happy to have our company. CONGRATULATIONS,again, Fr. C! you will enjoy your nephew! PEACE! ~tara t~

Brother Charles said...

Thanks, friends. I'll be looking for this insight into God, Tara! Thanks!