February 27, 2010

Transfiguration

This weekend our pastor will be making one of our annual financial appeals at all the Masses, so I don't have a new homily to post. It's too bad, because the Transfiguration is one of my favorite mysteries of Jesus Christ. For a long time I've felt a sort of mystical affinity with it; it was on the feast of the Transfiguration in 1993 that I first consented to my religious vocation, and I was born on the Second Sunday of Lent when it is always proclaimed.

I often find myself including the Transfiguration in these posts, and so I just present three of my best:

The Resurrection, Transfiguration, and the End Times

Coincidence or Providence?


The Resurrection and the Bomb

2 comments:

for narnia said...

thanks for sharing your three reflections, which i'll read in a little while, Fr. C. i agree tha the Transfiguation is a mystical mystery of Jesus. in the way you feel that mystical affinity with the Transfiguration of Jesus, i feel the same with Jesus in His Passion and in His Most Sacred Heart. i was baptized on the 14th of september, which is the feast of the Holy Cross. so, i guess that's why i feel this kind of connection to Jesus and also why i chose the name Veronica as my confirmation name. as in the title of your reflection, is what happens in our spiritual lives and the dates of our baptism and ways we feel that mystical affinity to Jesus "coincidence or providence?" PEACE! ~tara t~

Brother Charles said...

I was baptized on the feast of the Beheading of John the Baptist! (Now called the "Martyrdom.")