February 23, 2009

Timothy Dolan is Following Me

I made my novitiate outside Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, in the northern reaches of the archdiocese of Milwaukee. As Alice Cooper taught us all, Milwaukee means "the good land." During that year, Timothy Dolan appeared as our new archbishop. Now, as I work as a parish priest in the Archdiocese of New York, he is announced again as my new archbishop. Of course this means that His Excellency Archbishop Dolan will soon be His Eminence Cardinal Dolan.

Even though today is the stress of gearing up for Ash Wednesday, I'm already looking forward to the installation on Easter Wednesday.

Check out this great photo of him over on Whispers. Not only is it cool that he's throwing a pitch at Miller Park, where I once saw a game with a mysterious man known only as "Uncle Runkel," but it gives me great comfort to have an archbishop who sort of knows how to grip a fastball.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new Ordinary!

I have friends from Milwaukee, and I have heard so many wonderful things about him.

for narnia said...

cool, Fr. C!
PEACE!
~tara t!

A Secular Franciscan said...

An Upstate New Yorker, I was excited at the news - until I heard he might embrace the Yankees!?!

This Boston native finds that troubling - a sure sign of moral decay before he even gets here! :-)